Friday, February 5, 2010

Edyk spinning merino roving




Edyk, our youngest son, has decided that spinning is a good idea. I'm not sure if it's because he knows he can watch TV while he does this, genuine interest or what. But he started spinning on Thursday. He carded the alpaca with my hand cards, put the drive band in place (a tricky maneuver) and worked his way through the fiber he carded. He wouldn't let me take a picture of it and I thought that was it as far as his spinning adventure was going to go.
To say I was surprised when he asked where the roving we bought a while ago was is an understatement. Last night I had offered to let him use that roving until he was comfortable with spinning, but I really didn't expect much. The pictures tell the whole story.
I'm wondering how long it's going to take him to ask to use my e-spinner?






No comments:

Post a Comment